Monday, January 13, 2014

Three Year Olds Are Not For the Faint of Heart.

My little babies, the ones that were holding on for hear life almost three years ago, are turning THREE in a month.  Whoever said the two's were "The Terrible Twos," are big, fat, ugly liars!  Now that we're approaching the three's, I can say, the threes are a million times worse! The pushing and hitting and tantrums have magnified, add Autism and a lack of communication skills and this momma feel like she's a full time Referee/Lion Tamer/Warden.

G started his seizure medication.  I'm thinking this isn't the right one for him.  Since he's started taking it, my sweet, laid back little boys has become a moody, cranky and perhaps possessed (but cute) little man.  It all started the day after his first dose of medication.  Needless to say, I have a call into the neurologist to see if this is normal and to see if we can try another medication. What if his seizures are what made him so calm and this is the new him?!?!  We're in for it if that's the case!  I've lost count of how many times I've been hit or kicked in the face since he started the medicine.  This just isn't my sweet boy.  He's also been extra stimmy this week.  My poor baby. On a posative note, he now likes "Bob The Builder."  When they sing, "Can we build it?" G yells out, "YEAH!!" in his sweet cute little G voice.

L recently had a little word explosion!  It's amazing!  Anytime it rains he screams, "It's Snow!!!"  He also says it when he rips up little pieces of paper and throws them in the air over his head!  He also handed some letters to the hubs the other night and told him to, "throw."  He's also started to say, "train."  They aren't really very functional words for the every day thing, but we will take it.  It's more then he's ever said, so I am prouder than proud!


No comments:

Post a Comment