Saturday, March 22, 2014

Yes, I Would Take It All Away If I Could!!

It's been so long since I've had time to write.  With the hubs being gone, I barely get a second to come up for air.  The boys have been sick for the past month, I'm fighting a staph infection and we're all pretty much exhausted!

Today we went to a birthday party for some twin friends third birthday.  The boys had a great time!  We got out of there just before them meltdowns so it was perfect timing!  The awesome LC came with us to help with the boys.  I really don't think I could have done it without her.  She is amazing with the boys, and they love her so much.  She's one of the few people we trust with G&L.  It's an added bonus that she teaches kids with Autism.

As World Autism Day is approaching (April 2nd)I've been seeing a ton of things online boycotting it saying it's not about finding a cure it's about acceptance.  World Autism Day brings awareness which helps with acceptance.  I've also read tons of blogs and posts from people saying it's not a disease so don't try to cure it.  I've said this before and I'll say it again.  I know many disagree with me but if I could take G&L's Autism away, I would in a heart beat.  It kills me to see them struggle, to see friends with babies that are only one, passing milestones that we dream of them reaching some day.  I look at it like this, G has epilepsy.  He takes medicine to help reduce his seizures.  If I could take his seizures away, I would in a heart beat.  If I could take his Autism away I would in a heart beat. If I could take away L's SVT and Mastocytosis, would I?  You bet!  The same way I would want to take away his Autism.  Why would any parent, or any human being for that matter, what to see a person, especially their child struggle to talk, communicate, walk, handle emotions, etc.  I know I can't take their Autism away, but I pray that one day they can fully communicate, be independent and maybe even have a job. I have the same dreams for my children that any parent does.  I shouldn't be ostracized for wanting my children to be nuerotypical!  No parent says, "Gosh, I really hope my child has Autism!"  Just because they have it, makes me no different. I want the best for my kids.

With all that being said, on April 2nd....LIGHT IT UP BLUE!  Wear a blue shirt, put a blue light bulb on your front porch, heck...eat a blue cupcake!  Autism is real, Inspire people, Educate people, Make people aware!  This girl will be decked out in blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment