Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Dear Autism, You are a B*tch!

This is a whiny entry.  Don't say I didn't warn you.  Today I want to give Autism and big FU!

So G&L had a field trip for school today and I was a chaperone. I thought I was going to lose my mind. L did great for about two hours which is really great for him. He just got super tired and started to slow down.  Even though he was exhausted he still managed to hold it together.

G was a MANIAC...people (not his class) were staring at him and me, like I was a big A-hole. He kept throwing himself on the floor, screaming, flapping, crying, yelling etc. Anytime I would try to pick him up to comfort him he would hit me in the face.  I know he was acting like this because he was way to overstimulated, but it doesn't make it any easier when your in the midst of it.  I was a little over zealous and didn't bring his stroller inside(he has a wheel chair stroller which has a compression clip on it, to help him and it's anti tip for when he throws himself). We had to walk about one city block back to the car and he kept throwing himself on the side walk and having a protest. I was pouring sweat by the time I got back to the car. One of his teachers asked if I needed help getting them back to the car, but stupidly, I said No. As G is throwing himself on the sidewalk people were walking by giving me side eye.  I may have said, "What? You've never seen a three year old with Autism?" to someone. What the hell is wrong with me? I need to accept peoples help! They are trained to deal with this! I just feel super defeated today. Autism is a bitch. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment