Tuesday, February 11, 2014

PARTY TIME!

It's been a while since I last updated.  We had the boys IEP meeting earlier in the month.  I am happy to say, it went GREAT and we got everything we wanted for them!  They IEP team was pretty easy to work with and they weren't the nightmare I had been warned about.  Maybe they were warned about me?  HAHA!  So, the boys are getting tons of services and will be started a special preschool program...NEXT WEEK!!!  Hold me!  My sister asked me who was going to cry more.  I think it's a toss up between me and L.  I could be wrong, but I think G will be OK, even though he's the one I'm most worried about leaving.  There are only 8 kids in the class including them and 4 teachers.  It's so hard to leave my babies!  I'm already having major anxiety over it.

Over the weekend we had their third birthday party!  Their birthday isn't until next week but the hubs is going on a deployment so we decided to have it a little early so he could be here for it this year.  He had to miss their second birthday.  We had their party at a Children's museum.  We rented it out after hours so we had the place to ourselves.  All the kids had a great time and I'm in love with how the cake came out!  If anyone in the Fayetteville, NC area needs an awesome cake, I highly recommend Cakes by Carly.  She did an amazing job and we will definitely be using her again. She even made little Autism ribbons to put on the pirates. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
The boys did pretty well at their party.  L did a wee bit better then G.  G had a few meltdowns  but he was also exhausted.  They both refused to nap that afternoon.  I would say it was because they were so excited about their party that evening, but they had no idea about it!  I told them all about it, but I'm pretty sure they didn't understand.  I think the best moment of the party was when G picked up the phone and screamed, "HEP (help)!!!" into the phone! I guess he wanted to get out of there. We had a professional photographer there so I'll post some pictures when we get them back.  I can't wait to see them!

What else made their party so special?  Seeing how many people where there because they truly love G&L. Everyone one from family, friends, therapists and their Early Intervention coordinator.  We wouldn't be where we are now, with out all of these amazing people.  They boys received so many thoughtful gifts to help with their therapies.  There are a lot of days we feels so alone in this battle with Autism and isolated from the rest of the world, but on this day we felt loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment