Saturday, September 28, 2013

Three cheers to Saturday!

Oh what a lovely Saturday thanks to the awesome TC, otherwise known as our new babysitter.  The boys seemed to love her and took to her really quickly.  It's so nice to have a sitter you can trust.  She's the cousin of our original sitter LC, who the boys adore!  It must be something with their family.  We don't get to go out without the boys often so it was so nice to get out just the hubs and I!

We were able to go to our favorite restaurant in Raleigh.  I missed my sushi!!!  We walked around the Flea Market afterwards but I felt naked without pushing a double stroller with screaming kids with me.  I can only count on one hand how many times the hubs and I have gone anywhere without the boys in the last 2.5 years.  Not many are willing to take on watching the Twinadoes. Of course our date day had to end with a trip to Target to get diapers and wipes.  Whats a trip out of the house without stopping at Target?!?!?  I'm convinced there is no way to walk out of there without at least spending $100.  I'm sure I would have spent much more if the hubs wasn't there.  We also may, or may not have spent way to much money on buying the dogs all natural dog treats.  They better eat them!

Right now G&L are winding down for the night.  Soon it'll be bed time rituals.  In the mean time L is attacking the hubs and G is balancing a Sit - N- Spin toy with his legs, over his head.  He's always seemed to do everything with his feet.  He never held bottles with his hands, always with his feet.  Occasionally he'll drop something on his head, but it never stops him from doing it. These boys love anything that spins!  They can spend hours watching spinning balls, wheels, toys, themselves and especially things that normally wouldn't be something you would think about trying to make spin.  I think they could win an award if spinning was in the Olympics. 

This momma has to go get the boys ready for bed, cook dinner for the hubs and do some laundry.  Aaaaaaaaand....date day over, back to my normal domesticated life.
Here we are before leaving the driveway, on our way to freedom for 5 hours!  By the time we were on our way home I couldn't wait to see my monkeys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment