Monday, December 23, 2013

Well, Thank Goodness That's Over!

What a long weekend!  Last Friday G had to go to the hospital to get hooked up for a 72 hour EEG.  He's had the one hour sedated before, but never for 23 hours.  This kid fights anasthesia like it' his job.  Three medicines and two hours later, the kid finally went to sleep!  They hooked him up to everything and then he didn't want to wake up!  It took some convincing for him to get up, such as a cold wash cloth on his face.  Finally, he woke up, he was very angry, but awake.  Once he had a snack and a drink and didn't vomit, they let us go home with everything attached to his head.

We were so worried that he was going to rip off all the leads before we even got home.  I am so proud of how well he did!  For a kid that hates things touching him he did amazing and only fussed a little bit about it.  He did much better then I would have done with all that stuff on my head.  I'm pretty sure I would be a nasty grouch the entire time while complaining and bitching out everyone who crossed my path. We were also proud of L for leaving G's head alone.  We thought for sure he was going to try to mess with it or try to pull the little back pack off of G.  These kids amaze me sometimes...ok, well most of the time.  G was not happy when they took everything off today.  My poor baby.  Both boys have been through so much in their almost three years then I ever have in my 35, ooops I mean 29 years.  So, now we wait for the results.  They're checking for seizures since he often goes limp and just goes goes blank.  I'm hoping we'll hear back this week but won't be surprised if we don't since this week is Christmas.

L has been a talking machine!  He's really doing a lot of echolcia! It's so cool to hear him say words.  still waiting for momma!  Come on kiddo!  Spit it out! M O M M A!!!  He did say Mety Chritmiz yesterday while listening to a song.  It was really awesome!  He loves to sing and dance.  His favorite is the chicken dance.  It cracks me up every time!

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas for those who celebrate!  Here are some pictures from the EEG and some of L being goofy!




G trying to wake up from sedation.

G belting out some high notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment