Friday, November 8, 2013

HI!!!

It finally happened, I went into the boys room this morning to get them out of their cribs and L smiled at me and waved and yelled out "HI!!"  We came downstairs, did our regular routine, and I sat down on the couch. He runs up to me again, screamed, "Hi!" as he waved and then climbed up in my lap.  Less then 30 seconds later he jumped back down and and said, "BYE!"  My heart melted!  That was the first time I ever heard him say , "Hi!" and the first time he's ever waved.  I'm so proud of how far he's come.  Later I was changing his diaper and said, "Peyew, Stinky!" He repeated, "Eyew, Inky!"

After all the blood sweat and tears, it's so amazing to see some progress finally. There are day when I question why are we working so hard? Will we ever really get anywhere?  The answer is "YES!!!"  Something as simple as hearing your child say hi, can make your entire day or week.  G has turned into a reading maniac.  The other day we went to Walmart.  I normally try to stay away from Walmart because I can't handle the crowds and not to sound snobby, but some of the people there but we needed to get some things and I knew they had them all there.  So anyway, G walked form the parking lot into the store like a champ.  It took as a while, and he had a few stumbles but he kept on, keeping on.  I put him in the cart, he looked down, and read "Walmart."  As we were walking through the isles, he was reading all the signs.  I know he no comprehension as to what he's reading but it still blows my mind that he can put it together.  I've never been a strong reading and am not one of those people that read for pleasure, so to hear my 2.5 year old read, just completely blows me away.

Although we had some rough days this week, it totally made up for the horrific time we had last weekend.  Now, if we could only get G to keep his clothes and diaper on...

We have a busy weekend coming up!  I have a longtime friend since the 4th grade (that was a looooooooong time ago) coming to visit for the weekend.  I'm looking forward to some much needed girl time!

No comments:

Post a Comment