Wednesday, November 20, 2013

One Coffee, Two Coffe, Three Coffee, Four!

Sorry it's been a while since my last entry.  It's been super busy and I'm exhausted by the time the boys go to bed. 

We've had a busy week.  We FINALLY got our van back!!!  Thank goodness!  It'll make getting around with the boys so much easier.  So, what else has been going on?  L was asked not to go back to preschool.  There are no hard feeling. They really tried to to make it work for him, but they just don't have the resources or the funds to be able to help him, and take care of the rest of his class.  Although we understand, and as I said there are no hard feelings, it still stings.  No one wants it to be their child! 

G has hit a bit of regression with both his feedings, his therapy, and his speech.  Hopefully that just means he's working really hard on something else.  They want to redo his EEG to rule out seizures since he gets really floppy and spacey.  Today we go the the Special Needs school in town to get some assessments done and hopefully get the date for their IEP meeting. I'm eager to get things moving and have a plan in place for them.  This momma bear doesn't back down! I want to make sure the boys have everything they need to make it!

The other day my mother told me a story that I want to share here because it really gives me hope. She works with a woman who's nephew has Autism.  He's always liked small things and very intricate things.  He become skilled at fixing watches.  He now works at Tiffany's fixing watches! He likes small spaces, so they gave him a small work space, with a small table and he gets paid to do what he loves, fix watches.  He gets paid, has a pension and the most important thing is, he's happy!  Stories like this give me hope for my boys.  I just thought I would share this here to try to give others the same hope this story gave me. 

I the words of L, "The End!"


No comments:

Post a Comment