Wednesday, November 6, 2013

On the Hunt for The Perfect Toy!

I've been looking high and low, far and wide for the perfect toys for G&L.  I've cruised through millions of toy isles, tons of websites and asked numerous friends, but I'm just really having a hard time finding toys appropriate for them.

Why is it so hard to find them toys you ask?  They can't have to many small parts, be too complicated or come in a million pieces.  They can't be certain materials, certain textures, or certain characters.  G will eat just about anything including the drywall.  Gotta love PICA! Wood blocks and mega blocks are pelted at our heads and cardboard blocks don't last more then a day because they are eaten.  They can't be to loud or have to many bright lights.  I've found some websites that have toys catered to kids with special needs, but I can't seem to find any that are perfect for them.  Every time I think I find something I notice something that can pose as a hazard to them.  G just recently got into trucks and cars but have a bunch of those already.  L it just depends on the day.

Other then the hunt for new toys, I've broken up a gazillion toddler fights today.  I really hope one day they are nice to each other and start to like each other just a little bit!


1 comment:

  1. Buying toys can be so frustrating! I completely hear you! I was thinking back to some things my boys liked at that age and I came up with a few. Good luck!
    -Fisher Price Little People Connect and Play Railway: - My boys loved to watch it go round and round and it can be used for early imaginative play
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Price-Little-People-Wheelies-Connect-n-Play-Railway-Play-Set/20550189
    -Tomy Ball Party Bounce – discontinued but a fun toy. Check ebay?
    -Magna doodle – scribble all you want and no mess!
    -Rody horse –great for blowing off some energy!
    http://www.amazon.com/Gymnic-Rody-Inflatable-Hopping-Horse/dp/B00005BAHT
    -Whacky ball – might be used as a weapon but my boys loved to pound these in and watch the ball go down:
    http://www.amazon.com/B-68627AM-Whacky-Ball/dp/B0047Y0VQS

    ReplyDelete