Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What a long week it's been!

It's been such a long week already and it's only Wednesday. The past few days have been like a whirlwind.  Monday was running from one therapy to the next with a cold mixed in.  Tuesday turned out to be a very long day, which really shouldn't have.  L had school in the morning while G and I ran some errands and then ran to PT, then back to pick up L from school.  The hubs was going to leave work early to help me out with a Dr. appointment, but he couldn't end up leaving.  OK, no biggie, I've done these things on my own more times then I can count.  We were about 45 minutes into our hour long drive when we stopped at a traffic light. Apparently the person behind me didn't think it was a good idea to stop so, she rear ended us.  Thankfully the boys were OK, as well as her children.  I'm pretty sure I need a new bumper and I just ordered new car seats.  Of course it was an accident but with all of our Dr appointments, therapy appointments and all the driving we have to do, it's a HUGE inconvenience.  Like I said though, I'm extremely thankful no one was injured.  Cars can be fixed or replaced but our children can not.  The nice officer ripped part of my bumper off since it was on my tire.  I was NOT missing our appointment!  We got there, late, waited for a while and then she was able to see us.  By the time the boys and I got home, we were beyond exhausted!  Today is PAJAMA DAY!!!

Once we finally make it to our appointment we got the final diagnosis that L has "Classic Autism" and is on the severe end.  We also thought he was mild to moderate.  She thinks he may also have ADHD but doesn't want to diagnose him with that this young.  I'm fine with that.  So now we have two boys with "severe Autism," and two very tired parents!  No we have to figure out how we're going to pay for two kids to be in ABA therapy!!!  I can hear our bank account crying!  They should have ABA grants for families with Autism.  Oh hey I know...how about all insurance companies should have to pay for ABA therapy!  Something that can help so many is way out of reach for a lot of families.  It's pretty sad.

On another note, I have to say how proud I was of the boys when were stuck on the side of the road for over an hour.  They cried at the initial impact, heck I cried, accidents are scary, but they they just hung out while I did silly dances on the side of the highway to keep them laughing.  It could have been a total disaster since they had no naps, and who the heck wants to be stuck on the side of the road for over an hour! I think they handled it better then I did!  Their new car seats should be here tomorrow, the van will hopefully be fixed soon and as for me, I'm counting down til nap time so I can get a nap too!  This momma is beyond exhausted!!  Being an adult sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment